A A A B
Doing good makes you feel good
20th May 2020
Mental Health Week 2020 is upon us and with everything going on in the world, it is important we take some time to reflect on our mental wellbeing.
The theme for this Mental Health Awareness week is Kindness. Acts of kindness like simply checking in on an isolated friend or neighbour is time well spent.
It is also important to remember to be kind to yourself. The NHS recommends 5 top tips to look after your own mental wellbeing:
- Connect with others
- Keep a regular routine and set goals
- Manage your social media and news intake
- Do things you enjoy & try something new
- Look after your body by staying hydrated, eating well and getting daily exercise
Volunteering is another excellent way to boost our mental wellbeing as it:
- Provides routine and structure.
- Increases self-esteem and confidence
- Imparts a sense of fulfilment
There are so many ways we can help ourselves by helping others, this is a great opportunity to volunteer to support the most vulnerable members of our community. Whether that is with a local organisation through the Kingston COVID volunteering scheme or simply picking up the phone and calling a friend or relative to see how they are feeling. Find out more about how you can get involved in volunteering in your borough.
Also in Volunteering
8th March 2022
Ann was one of hundreds of vaccine volunteers who supported Barnet during the Covid-19 pandemic. A retired part-time student, her inspiring story is a...